Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bakin' with Buddy

The "Cake Boss"
Buddy Valastro
One of my favorite things to do, especially this time of year, is to bake.  I'm not a great cook but give me some flour, sugar, butter and vanilla and I will create a decadent delight that will please any foodie.  Many years ago, I would bring treats to work and it turned into a business.  People from other departments started coming over asking me to create delicious delights for their special occasions.  I made every kind of cake imaginable and began to make cupcakes.  (Guess I was ahead of my time...cupcakes are huge now)  Anyway, it was wonderful...until the reality of working all day and baking all night sucked every ounce of fun out of it.

These days, I live vicariously through the Food Network and take pleasure in creating treasures for my family and close friends.  However, this weekend, I am going to get a bit closer to the action and I am thrilled!
This Sunday, November 7th, The Cake Boss himself, Buddy Valastro, is coming to New Haven's Shubert Theater!  In this live interactive event, the baker and star of TLC's "Cake Boss" will share the stories behind his TV series and his colorful Italian family and will even answer audience questions.  My FAVORITE part will be when he gives a live demonstration of the techniques that have made him one of the most successful and renowned cake artists in the nation!!  He is even going to invite audience members to join the fun on stage!!  (oh, oh, pick ME)

I can't wait to get "bakin' with the boss"!   Wish me luck!
Enjoy!
Heather  :)

If you go:
Shubert Theater, Sunday, November 7, 2010
http://www.shubert.com/ or call 800-228-6622

No comments:

Post a Comment