Friday, November 5, 2010

The Most Important Meal of the Day

Generally speaking, I do not partake in breakfast festivities at home.  I know, I know, it is the most important meal of the day, but my taste buds are not ready for food or beverages until at least 10am.  So, most every morning, I am forced to eat my most important meal on the go.  Because I am a busy Mom & Entrepreneur, it must be fast & fabulous! 

That is why I'm so excited about the SeeMysticCT.com list of the 10 Most Fabulous Breakfast Joints in Mystic Country.  There are so many great little restaurants in SECT.   It must have been tough choosing the top 10, but big time fun during the "taste test" phase. 

Now, I have my own personal favorites which depend on my co-pilot status for any particular day.  Typically, if  I'm feeling nostalgic and need the comfort of my roots, I head to Ashlawn Farms in Lyme, CT.  The coffee is roasted right on the premises and it is fresh and fabulous.  There is a classic hominess to Ashlawn Farms that just hits the spot every time.

If I am in a rush and just need a quick bite on the fly, I head to Flander's Donut & Bake Shop.  The bagels are made fresh daily and they are out of this world delicious.  Taste one and you will never go to the grocer for bagels again.  If any of the kids are co-piloting for the morning, they can grab a tasty home-made donut or pastry.  They call me "queen bee" every time I go there...can't beat that greeting.  Gina saved me once at their drive thru window - long, funny story. 

If my hubby has a few minutes between clients to meet me for a quick breakfast, we will usually head to When Pigs Fly in Waterford for my avocado omelet fix or to The Shack in East Lyme for pancakes. 
This is also where I take the kids when we are running late for school.  Each child has a favorite and there is something yummy on the menu to please all four of them.  Love the motto at The Shack....Life is Short.  Eat Pie.  Can't go wrong with that mantra.
 
We are usually pressed for time so these wonderful restaurants are fabulous, locally-owned destinations for  a quick and delicious breakfast fix on the go.  Check out the list and try each one - you won't be disappointed.
Enjoy!
Heather  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment